Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Random Thoughts for the New Year

Pamela at Atlas Shrugs is one person who really gets it. Her post for today about Democrat obstructionism and the racism and fallacy of minimum wage laws is right on the money. So many Jews are screaming liberals, but in the past few years more and more of them are turning to the right, to their benefit and ours. Pamela is one of the very best members of the emerging Jewish Right. I hope she knows how much her contribution is appreciated. Rush Limbaugh called her "a babe" and of course he's right about that, but I love her irreverance and straight talk and the verbal ass-kicking she gives to liberal foolishness on a daily basis.

My mom lies at the point of death. We expect her to pass away very soon. It's not a tragedy, it's just life and life has an end for all of us. Nevertheless, when a loved one is gone, they're gone and there are no more memories to make with them. It is sad in any case.

Dag at "No Dhimmitude" has ended his blogging to pursue other projects. Dag is an erudite, Canadian gentleman with a great sense of humor, somewhat understated as is British humor, given to fits of wild expository writing and deconstruction of liberal fallacies, with dashes of madness thrown in (like wishing to hang all environmentalists from light poles). He has been a good friend and an inspiration to me. I will miss his contributions to blogging. I regret not knowing him personally, but do hope to meet him one day.

The holidays are over. It's time to take the lights off the house, take down the Christmas tree, put away the ornaments. January 2nd is like the hangover after a wild party that starts around December 24th and ends January 1st. Now you have a headache, you ate too much, you drank too much, you slept too much and now you feel fat, hung over and worthless. You actually look forward to going back to work. At least I do. I go back tomorrow.

But for my last day of holiday-vacation, I am going to shower, shave and go visit my mom, though she probably won't know I'm there. Right before my father died, he told us to "take care of my old plug," meaning mom. We have done so, but she'll soon be back with you, Pop.

Update: Mom died today.

No comments: