Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Monday, June 29, 2009
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Saturday, June 27, 2009
1. A Supreme Court that is highly politicized and dedicated to politcal activism and "legislating from the bench" is not the court envisioned when this country was founded. Hereinafter, any Supreme Court decisions that are clearly unconstitutional will be disregarded and of no effect in the individual states as those states see fit.2. Any cap and trade wealth redistribution scheme is null and void in any state who refuses to go along; no such taxes will be assessed or collected in such states by the federal government.3. All federal restrictions on oil drilling, off the coast or within the interior of the United States, are null and void.4. Any laws passed to subvert the 2nd Amendment and to disarm the populace are null and void and will not be enforced.5. Any federal taxation that exceeds a reasonable rate needed to carry out the true Constitutional role of the federal government will not be collected or remitted to the federal government. All individual states should immediately take over the assessment and collection of federal taxes from its citizens and remove the federal government from the process altogether.
Friday, June 26, 2009
Jimmy says he is a "cynical libertarian-socialist." The terms "libertarian" and "socialist" seem to be mutually exclusive, but then again, this is the looney Left we are talking about, where all things are possible, including economic perpetual motion, otherwise known as socialism. Socialism has never been made to work, but Jimmy and friends are right on the verge of making it happen. Any century now.
So again I ask, what is a "libertarian-socialist"? I think I have found some possible definitions.
A libertarian-socialist is:
1. Someone who wants to be free to pick your pocket.
2. Someone who wants to live a destructive and dangerous lifestyle yet be free of criticism or consequences.
3. Someone who calls you a fascist for opposing "progressive" fascism.
4. Someone who wants to redistribute the wealth, i.e. from you to them.
Well that's a start. Feel free to add to the list.
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Obviously Biegel had filed a frivolous complaint simply to persecute a public figure that she personally despises. This was only one such false ethics charge filed against Governor Palin -- there have been a total of fourteen, all of them decided in Sarah Palin's favor. It should be clear that these ethics complaints are merely the dirty politics we are used to seeing from the Democratic Party, i.e. petty, mean and small. The Democrats, in their parallel world, often call conservatives "haters." Clearly this is projection; when it comes to irrational hatred, the Left is in a class by itself. Biegel is a good example.
The latest complaint to be decided [in Palin's favor] was filed by Anchorage
resident Linda Kellen Biegel, who took issue with Mrs. Palin for wearing to a public function a jacket made by a company that sponsored the governor's husband, Todd, a snow machine racer. Ms. Biegel asked the personnel board to determine whether Mrs. Palin was abusing her position to serve her personal and financial interests.
Palin called the complaint "asinine political grandstanding," and the board's independent investigator said there was no evidence of wrongdoing.
In her complaint, any lack of ethics was that of Biegel. However, she wasn't through yet. This week Biegel posted a vulgar Photoshop on her blog that showed Sarah Palin holding her Down's Syndrome infant, Trig. Biegel had distorted Trig's face into something ugly and unnatural. It was a creepy and hateful thing to do and caused outrage in the conservative blogosphere.
Earlier today I responded to Biegel's hate with an insulting Photoshop of my own. After thinking about it, however, I deleted it. Instead of trading insult for insult, I would rather address Linda Kellen Biegel by asking her a question:
Linda, why do you hate Sarah Palin so ferociously? Surely she has done nothing to deserve your wrath. Isn't it true that Palin is just a scapegoat for other frustrations and bitterness in your personal life? Does she look like the pretty girl who stole your boyfriend in high school? What's really going on in the dark corners of your subconscious?
I'd really like to know...but I suspect you don't even know yourself.
In later years Jackson bought and paid for large amounts of plastic surgery that turned him from a handsome black man into a freakish pixie-like Queen, with white makeup like a Geisha and ruby red lips like some nightmare clown. Whereas I had liked the original Michael Jackson, I didn't like the gay painted pedophile that he later became. I always hoped that he would somehow reclaim some aspect of his original self. Alas, it was not to happen. Due to as yet unexplained causes, he died today of cardiac arrest. He was only fifty years old.
Everyone has their favorite Michael Jackson song that, when played, takes them back to a particular time and place. Mine was "Ben," sung by Michael when he was still a preadolescent member of the Jackson Five. Back when that song was popular, around 1971, I was divorced from my first wife and my two sons were living with her and my replacement, who turned out to be a drunk and a sadist. My sons lived in terror of him as he would fly into violent rages without warning. The song "Ben" reminded me of my two sons, particularly the younger one. The song was originally about a rat named Ben in a movie by the same name, but that didn't matter. It was a hauntingly lovely and sentimental song and it expressed my feelings for my abused sons:
I used to say
I and me
Now it's us
Now it's we
Later my ex-wife got smart and divorced the SOB, and gave me custody of my sons. The new Mrs. Chomper raised them as her own and they were never abused again by anyone.
Here's the song, sung by Michael Jackson when he was still young.
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Monday, June 22, 2009
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Saturday, June 20, 2009
Hat tip: ARRA News Service
Friday, June 19, 2009
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Her comment to the General recently was a case in point. Only in the Fruitcake Factory known as California could such an obnoxious BE-OTCH be elected and reelected as a U.S. Senator.
As far as insisting that she be addressed as "Senator," I suggest we give her a new name. From now on, she's Babsy-Cakes, Queen of the Kitchen and Number One Floor-Mopper.
Now there's a job she might actually be able to handle.
Here's Michael Parks in "Kill Bill No. 2".
Monday, June 15, 2009
Bob Shane is the singer. There is a video following this one showing a live performance of the Kingston Trio with Shane singing this, his most famous song. I ran both because the audio in the first is substantially better; but the second gives you an idea of what this popular singing group was like. I assume that most of you are too young to remember them.