Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Turning Point USA logo: How to Make It in Adobe Illustrator

 

I was intrigued by the logo of Turning Point USA and struggled with Adobe Illustrator to make a copy.  I tried making rectangles and lines and warping them with the warp tool, but nothing seemed to work. Then it dawned on me, the curved rectangles were derived from a circle.  I drew an ellipse, colored it red, then used the shape builder tool to cut the ellipse in half, delete one of the halves and hollow out the center of the remaining half, creating an arch.  

Next, I again used the shape builder tool to cut the arch in half, and colored the bottom half black.  Final steps:  put a white line through the red arch, again using the shape builder tool, and placing a red triangle on the end to create an arrow.  Finally, I put 4 white stars on the bottom arch, and grouped the various components into a single whole.

For the lettering I used the Times New Roman font, same as used on the original logo.

No comments: