Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The News for a Dull Wednesday: Cheesecake Photos!

Cheesecake
There isn't much to write about today.  Well, the FCC is trying to take control of the internet to enforce something called "net neutrality," which in government-speak probably means ending free speech in digital form.  Once the FCC gets their hands on it, they may figure out some way to end conservative blogs and websites, or at least suppress them somewhat.  They may also be looking for ways to tax the internet and milk the private sector some more.  Government always seeks power and control the way a committed drunk seeks the bottle.  Don't leave your wallet out in plain sight.

South Korea carried out its land, sea and air military drills without any aggression from North Korea.  That's good, but when you are living next door to a violent lunatic, you can never let down your guard.

More Cheesecake
My friends Robert S. McCain and Donald Douglas have both noted the blog-traffic suckage that comes with the holiday season -- people are too busy shopping and imbibing laced eggnog than to read blogs.  Actually, my traffic is up and growing, though my volume is small compared to theirs.  Both McCain and Douglas like to post pictures of cheesecake (meaning scantily-clad, young and beautiful women) to bring up their numbers, and it does work.  Not really my style, though.

The U.S. Census shows population growth in conservative states, that is, those in the South and Southwest (namely Texas), and in those states with no state income tax.  Growth has slowed or ceased in Democrat states.  People are voting for conservatism with their feet.

I finished my Christmas shopping yesterday.  Well, actually, I started it and finished it yesterday morning and it was easier than I feared.  I just walked into a store and started looking around and immediately spied a few items my wife actually needs.  No, I didn't buy her a new mop.  Not even I'm that stupid.

Now all I have to do is wrap the presents in my amateurish way, lots of holiday wrapping paper taped together in a sloppy and crude way with a stick-on ribbon.  There are some things I am just no good at, and wrapping presents is one of them.

5 comments:

Always On Watch said...

I did some one-stop Christmas shopping yesterday -- at the liquor store. That little stop took care of the rest of the presents I needed to buy.

Stogie said...

AOW, great idea!

Bartender Cabbie said...

I am getting to the age where real Cheesecake is just about as interesting as "cheesecake." Need to check my testosterone levels.

Stogie said...

Bartender, I know exactly what you mean! I am in the same boat.

Adrienne said...

I like your cheesecake better!