Thursday, May 03, 2007

How The Left Was Won

As I wait for some enlightened corporation to award me my next consulting contract, I sit in the back yard in the gazebo with my dog and pipe and a good book. I finished the "Politically Incorrect Guide to Global Warming." I am now reading Richard Mgrdechian's book, "How The Left Was Won." The book claims to be "an in-depth analhysis of the tools and methodologies used by Liberals to undermine society and disrupt the social order."

With a title like that, one might surmise that the book tilts right. It does, but I find the author spot-on in his analyses of Liberal and Democrat techniques for gaining and holding power, as well as in the self-defeating nature of their policies. I would strongly recommend this book to not only conservatives, but to college students who are still trying to make sense of it all.

The very first chapter convinced me. It is titled "Promote and Exploit Divisiveness." It accurately describes how the Left continually plays the race card in every debate, every issue, every judicial appointment. If America is divided into little fiefdoms of hostile ethncitities, all hating white people and Republicans, the Democrat Party gains. (The country, however, loses.)

That's why we hear the Democrats claiming that black people were deliberately disenfranchised in Florida in 2000 (a huge lie), that the response to Hurricane Katrina was slow because it was mostly black people who needed rescue, blah blah blah. Creating racial animus, distrust and even racial hatred is a small price to pay, Democrats seem to think, in order for them to slander the opposition and to gain and hold political power.

More about this book later.

No comments: