I believe a coalition of Red States could be convened wherein certain unconstitutional laws passed by the Federal Government could simply be refused or nullified by the states.
That coalition could draft its own defining document, similar to the Declaration of Independence or the Magna Charta, stating what laws will simply not be recognized, honored or followed by the Red States.
Things that we should not accept, if passed by the Feds:
1. Wealth redistribution from earners to non-earners.
2. Federal laws guaranteeing the right to an abortion absent medical necessity to save the life of the mother.
3. Immigration of unassimilable cultures that are hostile to our own.
4. The housing of enemy combatants, i.e. terrorists, on our soil.
5. Any laws restricting the right to keep and bear arms, i.e. pistols and rifles, including semi-automatic weapons.
6. Any and all laws granting special priviliges on the basis of race, e.g. college admissions, job applications or mortgage financing.
7. Any and all laws that attempt to nationalize any industry, e.g. health care. The government will keep its hand off of the economy.
8. Any and all laws or Presidential decrees that outlaw oil drilling or refining as may be decided by the people of the states.
9. Oppressive taxation. Tax rates of the Federal Government shall cease to be recognized or obeyed when such rates exceed a certain level, say 15%.
10. The Death Tax is null and void within the Red States and will neither be enforced nor recognized.
Positive measures that we should insist upon as rights of the states:
1. Late-term or partial-birth abortions are to be outlawed completely.
2. No Saudi financing of Mosques in our lands is to be allowed.
3. Illegal immigration, i.e. through illegal entry or otherwise, is to be disallowed and actively suppressed.
4. The right to police our own borders should the Federal Government fail to do so.
5. The right to require photo I.D.s for any election, Federal or State.
These are early suggestions. The list could be expanded or amended as necessary.
We, the political minority, have a right and a duty to insist that the Federal Government adhere to the Constitution, as its meaning is written and originally intended; and if it is not, the actions of the Federal Government should be ruled as inadmissable and of no effect in the Red States.
In other words, we, the Red States, must become a country within a country, subject to those rules that we decide for ourselves.
There was a time when we could look to the Supreme Court to protect us from unconstitutional power grabs by the Federal Government. That time has passed. The Supreme Court has become a captive of the political left, more concerned with judicial fiat and "legislating from the bench" to impose laws on us that we did not vote for and which do not reflect the original intent of the Constitution. For that reason, the Federal Judiciary has been corrupted to the point of impotence and a new path is called for, even though some may call it radical.
As Abraham Lincoln once said:
Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world.We are approaching such a time.