Sunday, June 19, 2016

Father & Son Both Sick

Last week I came down with a kidney infection.  The pain was debilitating, and I spent several days in bed or on the couch.  I am on antibiotics and the infection is on the wane.  I will take the antibiotics for another ten days per the doctor's advice, to make sure the nasty bug is really dead.

My eldest son in Washington State also came down with a serious infection, and is currently in the intensive care unit of a hospital.  He is having his second surgery tomorrow (Monday) and will remain in the ICU for a few more days.  The nurse on station told us that he is responding to the medication and is in stable condition.  That's good.  I feared that we were going to lose him.

We are planning to fly to Spokane to visit him on Saturday this week.

No comments: