Friday, February 24, 2006

Hope Muhammad Likes Cigars

I just bought William Muir's 1861 treatise on "The Life of Mahomet." Though written 145 years ago, the book is considered to be a fair and scholarly look at Muhammed and the religion he invented. It should be interesting and informative. I will begin reading it while sitting in the backyard, smoking a good cigar and drinking a spot of tea.

Lawrence Auster of "View From the Right" blog told me Muir's book is fair as it also tells about Islam's "good attributes." Well, I'm sure Hitler's Germany had its good points too - didn't it make the trains run on time? In any case, I will keep an open mind.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you claim christianity is a"useless faith" But your blog has pictures saying "god bless america" you can't have it both ways.

Stogie said...

Wrong. I never claimed any such thing. I totally support Christianity. What I said was that faith that refuses to confront evil is useless, and most Christians are not in that category. All of the Founding Fathers of this Country and almost all of its great warriors, like General Patton, were Christians. Just because you are a Christian does not mean you have to be a wimp.