Wednesday, February 22, 2006

In the Mood to Groove: Playing Bass Guitar


I started this blog so I could rant about Islam, which is my biggest pet peeve. I don't know why I let a little thing like that bother me - millions murdered in centuries past, new ones targeted, including me. But that's not my only interest by any means.

However, I love to play rock and country music in a band. I have a really cool red bass guitar with a fast neck and a great amp, and I feel the need to groove. There is nothing more satisfying to the soul then to play music you love with other musicians. A few weeks ago we were practicing and playing that old trucking song, "Six Days on the Road," and the chords just came to me smoothy and naturally as my hands worked that bass, the chords resonating and harmonizing seamlessly with that of the guitar.

Playin' bass - there ain't nothin' like it.

No comments: