Thursday, April 24, 2008

Puffin' and a Grinnin'

It's cool here in Podunk where I live. It's a small town 90 miles south of San Francisco. Quite rural. There are lots of farms around, with furrowed fields and crops always growing. Lots of cows.

Today I am just puffing on a cigar underneath our new gazebo in the backyard, reading Jonah Goldberg's book, "Liberal Fascism." It's a history of fascism and Nazism and an explanation of why fascism and Nazism are ideologies of the political left, not the right. Maybe I'll blog about it later on.

I just got off of a contract project with a large construction company that is helping to rebuild the World Trade Center in New York. While I wait for a new assignment, I am just puffin' and grinnin.' That's a take off from the old Hee Haw show where Buck Owens and friends played guitars and banjos in a segment called "Pickin' and Grinnin'.

With any luck I may have time to get a nap in before bedtime.

No comments: