Saturday, August 28, 2010

Conservative Bloggers as Homework Projects

I often have one or two frequent liberal readers who want to debate everything. I don't mind, I have plenty of time on my hands anyway. Their verbal gymnastics are interesting to watch, as they try to disprove the factual and defend error.

However, why does one liberal make such a long-term project out of me? Am I homework for a liberal social studies class, or a project for a cell in Democratic Underground or the Daily KOS?

I don't know. Maybe they just want to practice their arguments. Have any other conservative bloggers out there noticed this phenomenon?

4 comments:

Stogie said...

Hi, Stogie!

As I said a few days ago, I don't know why these guys bother to enter conservative blogs. I don't know what they expect in repeating inanities and spitting insults in an endless monologue - it's just what they do. And it's not only on this blog, but also on many other conservative blogs, including in Europe. It's just an exercise in futility in which they revel.

Stogie said...

Atikva, I get the impression they are just practicing their arguments.  No doubt, however, that liberals go into these debates thinking their ideology is the shining truth and will be unassailable.  I think they are surprised to find how easily their arguments are dismantled.

Stogie said...

I had thought that maybe you were interested in a free flow of ideas and debate, That was stupid of me, considering you're "conservative." 

But you've never dismantled any of my arguments. So, I guess I'll just leave you to preach to your pathetic choir. 

Stogie said...

Mnut, I have kicked your butt so often you will have to open your collar to shit. Your only arguments are memorized Democrat talking points -- and frankly, no sweat to demolish.