Sunday, September 07, 2008

Stogie Art: Obama Kool-Aid


I spent the weekend working on Photoshop tutorials. I know Photoshop pretty well, but I am learning a lot of new tricks with Adobe's book "Classroom in a Book." I learned some new tricks with layers and started learning how to use masks. Masks are really cool for adding great effects to your digital artwork.


One of the lessons had a wine bottle that had been drawn in Adobe Illustrator. I wanted to see if I could draw a fairly good wine bottle using Xara X, another great vector graphics program. So I drew a bottle and labeled it "Obama Kool-Aid." To get the proper effect you have to warp the label so it follows the curve of the bottle and looks three-dimensional rather than two-dimensional.


It was easier than I thought and I really like the bottle. Here it is. Use it as you see fit.

No comments: