Thursday, December 31, 2015

Happy New Year Y'all

I'm ready for the New Year, 2016.

New Year's Eve is a time to take stock.  What did I accomplish in 2015?
  • Well, I had cataract surgery on both eyes and my eyesight is now the best it has ever been in my lifetime,  I can now drive at night without killing myself.  And, it's nice to see the world in high definition.
  • My bass playing improved substantially, and playing jazz has become comprehensible, and not the mystery it was only one year ago.  I plan to continue my mastery of bass.  That will be my biggest goal for the new year.  
  • I increased my knowledge of taxation (and my disgust with our tax system grew right along with it) and my knowledge of Lacerte tax software, the most popular program for tax accountants, which makes me more marketable for seasonal tax work.
  • I read some good books on the War for Southern Independence, and armed myself with great facts for refuting Yankees and other purveyors of the Northern Myth.  I have two more books on the way, and will no doubt spend New Year's Day reading one of them.
And that's about it.

We are having friends over this evening to eat goodies and drink bubbly stuff and have conversations and watch the ball drop on television, welcoming in the new year.  It should be mildly fun.

Here's hoping you have a great New Year's Eve and a happy 2016.

No comments: