So now Barack Obama, Nancy Pelosi and many other Democrats are supporting the state employee unions in Wisconsin. So what exactly is the Democrat message? Here are some possibilities:
1. Wisconsin taxpayers should pay exorbitant state salaries and benefits, even if it means the state continues to bleed red ink and become increasingly insolvent.
2. Unions are sacrosanct (because they are major supporters of the Democrat Party) and you must pay them whatever they wish, whether you can afford it or not. Go without, suffer poverty, get taxed until you bleed, but continue to pay those exorbitant benefits regardless of the pain it causes the majority of taxpayers.
3. The Democrat Party is indeed "the Party of Something for Nothing," because the real purpose of labor unions is to blackmail management into paying workers more than they're worth. Government supported labor unions are just another means of "redistributing the wealth," from those who earn it to those who do not.
4. The Democrat Party stands firmly, now and forever, for fiscal irresponsibility, for spending far more than you take in, for things you don't really need and which have little or no value, or could be easily replaced with cheaper and more effective alternatives (e.g., hiring outside firms through a bid process to do better and cheaper what overpaid state employees now do).
5. Or to put it more succinctly, RED INK, CONFISCATORY TAXATION, GOVERNMENT BUREAUCRACY, GOVERNMENT INEFFICIENCY AND UNION BLACKMAIL. Now there's a slogan we can all get behind! I am so inspired!