Sunday, October 25, 2009

They Took My JAWB!

Last week I had a consulting project and now I don't.  This has happened before -- you get hired for a project and then the project is cancelled or changed so that your input is no longer needed.  I won't say too much about this project because of confidentiality rules for accountants.  However, I will say this:  I found a large error in previously released numbers for this publicly held corporation.  In such situations SEC filed reports are restated and reissued, the Corporation gets a bad report on their Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, it is all very embarrassing and the controller gets fired, and maybe the CFO too.

The controller thanked me profusely for "a good find" and then told me the project was taking a new direction and I needn't come in anymore.  What a shock.

No comments: