Friday, May 29, 2009

My Desired Double Bass: A Slim Chance for Getting It

My most coveted goodie in the whole world is a Calin Wultur Panormo fully carved bass.  This bass is made in Romania and has an unusually rich tone and a lush voice.   It is loud for an acoustic instrument and sounds unusually good.  It's an orchestra quality bass; you could play it in the Philharmonic Orchestra and not be a bit embarrassed.

It generally costs $4,000 but is comparable to basses that costs $10,000.  My supplier told me that he would sell one to me for only $2,900.  That's one heck of a bargain.  That's the actual bass on the left.

My dealer is hurting for cash as are all small businesses these days.  My wife has consented to going with me to look at the bass on Sunday.  It will be a hardship for us to buy the bass right now, but it may be my only chance to buy one this year.   At that price, I suspect he will sell the bass in the next couple of weeks if I don't snag it.

Tomorrow I am going to be analyzing my income and expenses in an attempt to figure a way.  Wish me luck!

UPDATE:  I got the bass!

No comments: