Friday, March 12, 2010

Strange Things Are Happening

Years ago I used to watch Red Buttons on black and white television (before there was color) singing "Strange Things Are Happening."  Now when something weird comes my way, I think of that song from the misty recesses of the ancient past.

I just finished my fourth week of working for a financial consulting firm, but am yet to see a dime in pay.  So on Monday I am turning in my laptop, saying "Sayonara" and walking out the door.  The lady who runs the company is just very strange:  secretive, manipulative and odd.

So on Monday it will be adios, arriverderci and goodbye.

Yeah, yeah, I know Bro, you warned me.  I knew it was a risk, but I did want to get my hands around some complex tax returns and managed to prepare four complicated partnership returns for a venture capitalist and a Subchapter S return for a small company.  I have some very recent tax experience to add to my resume, so maybe it will help me get some actual paying work.

So continues the Soap Opera I call my life.

No comments: