Saturday, August 31, 2013

In America, Free Speech Isn't Free

Canada Free Press is a media outlet that well serves the cause of liberty.  They have a must-read article today about our American "right of free speech," and how it has been badly compromised by left/liberal/progressive "thought."  As I have written many times in this blog, our freedom of speech and thought has been badly compromised by the left's control of the culture.  If you hold controversial opinions, you will be socially ostracized and lose your job.

Dr. Ileana Johnson Paugh is an author and former citizen of a communist dictatorship, who knows quite well what free speech is and is not.  And in the United States of America today, our speech is no longer free. She writes:
As soon as I came in contact with educators, I realized, there was a problem with freedom of speech. The freedom to speak was not really free. You could speak your mind but you were ostracized, ignored, marginalized, or fired.

1 comment:

Stogie said...

Accurate article.


I learned the hard way in my teacher certification classes that I had better not voice disagreement.