Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pumpkins Ready, Candy Too: Bring It On, Ghosts, Goblins and Ghouls!

I have two large pumpkins sitting downstairs awaiting the knife, to transform them into jack-o-lanterns.  I need to get on that today so it will be all ready for tomorrow.  It will be a mess.  How such a useful vegetable can have such disgusting innards, beats me.  Cleaning out a pumpkin feels like gutting a well ripened corpse.  Yuck!

I always save some seeds, planning to plant them in the back yard, but I either forget or never plant the seeds before Mrs. Chomper tosses them out.  Clearly, I'm the kid and she's the adult in this relationship.  I may be getting older but I refuse to grow up -- at least as far as having innocent fun is concerned.  She doesn't even smoke cigars!  What a party pooper.

Candy is ready too.  Mrs. Chomper says I have to turn off the porch light and stop dispensing candy at 8 PM, because after that the visitors are all older teenagers and even a few young adults.  I won't do it, though.  If there is candy left over, the light stays on until 9 PM.  No one is turned away. I'd rather have the trick-or-treaters eat the stuff than keep it around to tempt me (I love the sour stuff).  I have lost 12 pounds recently and want to lose more.

2 comments:

Stogie said...

I never toast out the seeds! I toast them in the oven -- sometimes with Old Bay Seasoning.

Stogie said...

Sounds relish! I forgot, Mrs Chomper has baked them occasionally.