Sunday, June 15, 2014

Father's Day and a Hallmark Card

I am the father of three grown sons and close to each one.  They are all different and following widely varying professions, but all have one thing in common:  they are all conservatives.  I raised those boys right.

I never thought much about being a father, or what I was supposed to do to be a good one.  All I knew was that I had three sons, all precious to me, and that I would move heaven and earth to care for them, see that they were fed, housed, guided, protected and knew they were loved.  Do I care if they send me a Hallmark card on this invented holiday?  No.

So far, though, the only Hallmark card I have received is this one:  it reads:

Nothing excites me more than you coming through the door.  

Happy Father's Day!

Love from Bogie and Missy

Bogie and Missy are my dog and cat, respectively.  Humph!  My dog and cat remembered, but I didn't even get a card from my wife!  I do note, however, that Bogie and Missy's hand writing closely resembles that of my wife.  Hmmmmm.
They Remembered

No comments: