Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Random Thoughts for Tuesday

A few posts back I wrote how the Southern Poverty Law Center slandered a friend of mine as a "white-supremacist," a "racist" and someone with an "extremist past."  None of this was remotely true and is a typically libelous falsehood directed at a principled (and well-known) conservative.

Today I googled my own name and found an article by a website that took the SPLC to task for slandering the unnamed friend in question.  The article named him and me and a couple of others as standing up AGAINST racism and even quoted my friend denouncing racism!  The quote came from a private listserve where early members of the League of the South, or Southern League as it was then called, could debate issues.  The listserve quotes proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that my friend was a principled, outspoken non-racist.  However, don't think the SPLC will remove their slander anytime soon.  As everyone remotely informed knows, the SPLC is in the business of slandering political enemies; their shtick as fighters of "hatred" and "racism" is no more real than it is for the Communist Party who claims the same things.

There is a fully carved upright bass that I want to buy.  It's from Rumania and generally costs around $4,000:  a Calin Wultur Panormo flat back.  My supplier says it has a "thunderous voice" and sounds more like a $10,000 bass than one in this price range.  I have heard others say the same, including one orchestra bassist.  My supplier  is offering it for sale for only $3,200, a really good price.  No doubt the recession has him feeling pinched.  I would love to buy the bass but the recession has me feeling pinched as well.  Dang!  Maybe I should start a Tip Jar like other bloggers have; it would only take one donation of $3,200 and I would have my bass! Hmm, that scenario sounds about as realistic as Obama's economic policies.  Guess I'll stick with my laminated bass for now.

Our incredibly goofy airhead President continues to amuse.  His latest stunt was having Air Force One do a close flyover of New York, scaring many New Yorkers who thought it was another terrorist attack.  What a maroon!

I'm still working on "the Road to Serfdom"; I will read another chapter or two tonight.  I ordered Saul Alinksy's book "Rules for Radicals" and will read that next, so I will know what tactics I can expect from our Alinksy pupil President, Obama.  One of the radio pundits I listen to daily said that when a certain Democrat office was replaced with a Republican, the Republican staff found a box of these books in the office -- hundreds of them.  Seems like "Rules for Radicals" could be called "Rules for Democrats."  Not that there's any difference.

No comments: