Thursday, December 03, 2009

Last Pontiac Rolls Off the Assembly Line

Last week the last Pontiac automobile rolled off the assembly line in Michigan.  The Pontiac Division of General Motors is being shut down after 82 years.

My last two cars were Pontiacs (including my current one).  I have really loved my 2004 Grand Prix; it's beautiful and comfortable and powerful.  It looks a lot like that 2010 model in the picture.

GM had to close half of its US divisions in order to get the government blackmail bailout money.  Pontiac didn't make the cut.


I remember when I was very young, my father had a 1949 Pontiac sedan (see pic right).  Pontiac, in case you didn't know, was an Indian Chief.  My dad's '49 Pontiac had the face of an Indian Chief as a hood ornament.

Pontiacs were great cars.  Like so many aspects of Americana, they now fade into the pages of history.

Read more about it here.

No comments: