The great thinker in question, one Louis Michael Seidman, writes:
As someone who has taught constitutional law for almost 40 years, I am ashamed it took me so long to see how bizarre all this is. Imagine that after careful study a government official — say, the president or one of the party leaders in Congress — reaches a considered judgment that a particular course of action is best for the country. Suddenly, someone bursts into the room with new information: a group of white propertied men who have been dead for two centuries, knew nothing of our present situation, acted illegally under existing law and thought it was fine to own slaves might have disagreed with this course of action. Is it even remotely rational that the official should change his or her mind because of this divination?Hey, Seditious Seidman may have a point. How many times have you wanted to firebomb the presses of the New York Times? Unfortunately, there's this pesky First Amendment that makes it illegal. With no more Constitution, we can exercise lawless, mob action to do what is undoubtedly correct: shutting up the traitors among us.
Some other possibilities:
- Making it illegal for anyone to be a leftist.
- Outlawing the Democrat Party.
- Outlawing labor unions.
- Licensing all print and broadcast media and enforcing a code of conduct, i.e., to promote, support and celebrate capitalism, traditional marriage, free markets, laissez-faire economics, and to oppose, denigrate and ridicule socialism, collectivism, and smelly hippies. Those who fail to support the code of conduct will have their licenses to publish canceled and subject to arrest and summary execution.
- Mass firing of all college professors who are leftists, communists, Marxists, progressives or Democrats (I realize that those categories widely overlap). Michael Savage will be appointed education czar and will have the responsibility of hiring all university professors.
- Mass deportation of all Muslims and illegal immigrants.
- Outlawing rap music.
- Outlawing facial studs and tattoos.
- Legally recognizing abortion as murder and practitioners thereof subject to summary execution.
And now a warning to "progressives" everywhere: We will fight in the streets, if necessary, to preserve the Constitution. We do not accept the seditious transformation of our country into a socialist tyranny. Do not underestimate us.