Friday, January 08, 2010

An Annoying Week

This has been a very strange week for me.  Let us count the ways.

1.  I accepted an original article for posting, only to have the author go ballistic on me over something totally unrelated.  I still have her eleven voice mails on my Iphone, ranting and raving, not to mention her crazy, venomous email.  Boy, did I screw up.  I gave this person, who appears to be seriously unbalanced, my phone number and revealed other personal things to her, which she then used to ridicule and insult me.  She finally seems to have backed off and gone away.  I won't make that mistake again.

2.  I worked on another blogger's banner for hours, only to have her post another guy's knock-off at the last minute.  I informed her, nicely, that I won't be doing any more banner art for her.  I still consider her a friend and an ally and I wish her well, but she may need to reevaluate her approaches to teamwork and human relations.  You can't treat people like that and expect them to help you later on.

3.  I went to band practice knowing that playing music would make me feel better.  The singer showed up with a bad head cold and I took it home with me.  AARGH!!


4.  I removed from my blog roll a former friend and confidant whose derivative, me-too style of blogging finally pushed my aggravation to code red level.  Apparently, she never realized how pathetic and unseemly blatant blog-whoring appears; but when it finally evolved into blog-stalking, with an undercurrent of hostility towards the targeted attention-giver, it's really time to call a halt.

Now I am going to cough and sneeze and blow my nose and feel like shit for the rest of the day.

Update:  The week isn't over yet.  I just received an emailed death threat from a Muslim.  His name and email are: Eddie Chavez eddiechavez7@yahoo.com. I am posting it here so his email address will fill up with Nigerian scam offers and other spam.

No comments: