Thursday, July 29, 2010

In Honor of the Beatles in "Help!"

As Smitty has pointed out, today is the anniversary of the 1965 release of the Beatles' second film, "Help!"

It's hard to believe that 45 years have passed.

The Beatles were, IMHO, simply the best rock group to ever set foot on a stage.  Of course, they were more than rock and roll; a lot of their songs (like this one) were unusual and beautiful, touching the heart like no other popular music could. They were truly original and unique.

Here is a video segment from "Help!" with John Lennon singing "You've Got to Hide Your Love Away."

Embedding has been disabled so I have posted the direct link (above).

1 comment:

Cool Cat said...

The Beatles forever. My 2 brothers and I saw them twice at the Cow Palace back in the day. The Beatles Forever. My High School was torn down, but I graduated in 1965. All good things must pass. It is the memories we hold as long as we live.