Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Stogie the Bass Player, One Year Later (Video) Playing "Moondance"

I've been playing and practicing with this band for a year now and have learned a lot about playing bass.  Below we are playing Van Morrison's great song, "Moondance."  We were playing for a Christmas party and there is a lot of background chatter and noise; our singer is new and inexperienced; and we are not all that fantastic nor are we ready for prime time.  Nevertheless, I am pleased with my progress after a year and look forward to learning a lot more.

I am on the left in the video, in back, playing a red bass guitar.  If you listen with headphones you can hear my bass quite well.  Without the headphones you can't hear me at all, not on small computer speakers.

3 comments:

Pastorius said...

Sounding good.

I haven't played in a year, cuz my ears are too blasted out and I don't want to do anymore damage.

Stogie said...

Pas, couldn't you play something with less volume? Sad to give up music, but I know that rock musicians often experience hearing loss.

BRO said...

HUH WHA'CHA SAY>>>>