1. On Right-Wing "Hate": Don't Take the Democrat Bait -- The leftist website Moveon.org held a rally to "condemn the hate." Except that there was no "hate" to condemn. I described why:
MoveOn.org's gambit is not to "condemn the hate," but to insinuate into the public mind that conservatives are dangerous crazies who are boiling with rage, ready to go postal at any minute. The falling popularity of Democrats and the success of the Tea Parties are not the result of widespread opposition to Obama's radical policies. No, they are the result of some baseless and inexplicable "hate."2. Rush Limbaugh slandered with false "racist" quotes -- This one is a good example of how reckless and ruthless the Democrats are with (1) the reputations of other people and (2) the truth.
When Democrat pundits and reporters ask GOP and Tea Party leaders to "condemn the hate," they are really asking for a tacit admission that the charge is true, that "hate" is a major problem on the Right. Conservatives cannot and should not give credence to the false charge. They must not become unwilling stooges in the Left's bogus drama.
3. Democratic Underground Encourages Smear of Palin's Baby -- This one is particularly revealing of the Democrat mindset about using smear to win political fights. A Democrat writer wrote:
NoodleyAppendage (1000+ posts) Sat Aug-30-08 10:264. John Patrick Bedell: So Much in Common with Me! The Wing Nut Connection? - A nut named John Patrick Bedell walked up to two police officers at an entrance to the Pentagon, drew a pistol and opened fire. He wounded the two police officers but they killed him with return fire. Then the mainstream media tried to connect Bedell with the Tea Party movement and/or "right wing extremists." Bedell, however, was a liberal.
122. What many here don't understand. It doesn't matter if it's true or not. RUMOR IS TRUTH.
The modern laws of media hype and political warfare have a useful tenet:
Repeat ANYTHING or raise false concern over ANYTHING and it is likely to be planted in the conscious/subconscious of many voters.
If people start to think that there might be something fishy with Palin's last kid (if hers), then that's FINE. One more doubt (whether tied to reality or not) is another hesitation at the ballot box.
GET WITH THE PROGRAM PEOPLE. The "rising above it" bullshit has served us so well in the past, hasn't it?
If you have problems with the story, then STFU and get out of the way of Dems who are engaged in MODERN POLITICAL WARFARE. Go tend your garden or some other pedestrian task, because the "concern trolls" are not helping shape the message.
5. Thoughts on the Great DC Tea Party of 9/11/2009 - This post is a good example of the various prior attempts by the Democrats to slander Republicans and conservatives.
6. The Left's Tactics Against Sarah Palin Explained. Why does the Left always attack Sarah Palin first? The reason comes from Saul Alinksky's "Rules for Radicals" #13.
7. How the Left Punishes Conservatives -- A concerted program of hate and slander over a long period of time can wear down one's will to resist the forces of liberalism. Some examples are given. I like my conclusions: Democrats believe that "politics is war by other means." And they are at war with America, with common sense and even common decency. Those who would mount an effective opposition had better have a high tolerance for slime, slander and abuse.
8. Revolt and Reaction: the Tax Day Tea Parties -- Janet Napolitano of Homeland Security released a politicized report disingenuously warning of "right wing extremism," i.e., anyone who opposed Obama's radical policies.
I notice a lot of site searching going on at Saber Point. A lot of people are looking hard to find examples of "right wing hate" and vitriol. They aren't finding much.