Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Signs Point to a Coming Democrat Defeat in November

Four years ago I stated that my intuition is often accurate, and that it was telling me that Obama would win the 2008 presidential election.  It came to me in a flash and was very strong, as if an accomplished fact had been revealed to me.  On October 3rd, 2008, I wrote:
My intuition is often very accurate. This morning when I woke up, I had a strong feeling of certitude that we Republicans are going to lose this [2008] election and that Barack Obama will be the next president of the United States. It wasn’t a panicky feeling or a worried feeling or a feeling of fear, it was a calm realization, an inner knowing. It told me in a quiet but clear voice that the election is lost. The inner voice presented it to me as a done deal.
Today my intuition is not as clear as it was then, but it is somewhat positive and hopeful.  My feeling is that Obama will lose the 2012 election.

The signs are continuously pointing to an Obama defeat in November this year.  Stacy McCain and Alli Akbar are onsite at the DNC in Charlotte, and report that the crowds are smaller, the media filing center smaller, the vendors fewer, compared to the GOP Convention last week.  Obama has moved his great speech on Thursday from a huge stadium of 73,778 seats to an indoor auditorium of only 20,200 seats.  Ostensibly the reason is because of the fear of lightning, but weather reports show good weather for Thursday.  The obvious reason is because Obama simply cannot draw the same huge crowds that he drew in 2008.

Registered Republicans are at an all time high and seem very motivated to get out the vote.  Democrats, on the other hand, seem lackluster and unenthusiastic.

Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan are raising much more money than Obama is, and Obama has resorted to various tricks to increase campaign contributions.  In 2008, the Obama campaign was afloat in cash; now he is asking for donations as low as $3, and for married couples to ask for donations for him rather than accept presents from those attending the weddings.  The lack of financial support from the left indicates dissatisfaction and disillusion with Barack Obama.

The polls show a dead heat, but I don't trust the polls.  They showed Bush behind right up to the election in 2004, where he won by a strong margin.  Also, now that Mitt's the official Republican candidate, he can begin spending his huge war chest on anti-Obama and pro-Romney political ads.

Then there is the Democrat Convention itself.  I watched it last night and found the arguments so weak that I didn't feel upset, challenged or fearful.  Mostly I just felt bored.  Even Michelle Obama's supposedly sizzling speech left me cold.  She loves her husband; he cares so much about everything and everybody; he's the new Gandhi.  Yawn.

3 comments:

Serena said...

Yes, it's good news, but let's not get complacent.

Stogie Chomper said...

Right you are. My intuition is telling me we have a fighting chance, not that our victory is a done deal. We have to fight all the way to the election.

LD Jackson said...

Oh, how I hope you are right. But as Serena mentioned, we have to keep up the fight.