Monday, December 30, 2013

Raindrops on Roses....(Photoshopped, of Course)

I am still experimenting on adding water drops to images.

I like that line in the song "My Favorite Things" that goes:

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things


It inspired me to Photoshop a rose with raindrops on it.  Here it is:



















The tutorial I used to do this first attempt is at this link.

Here is a different technique that is far easier to use, and I think it looks better too.




The tutorial for this second technique can be found here.

Here's the original without the raindrops:





















4 comments:

Always On Watch said...

The second one is definitely better!

rmnixondeceased said...

As with anything worthwhile, practice and time improves the end result. You are much better with Photoshop than I ever could become, I simply haven't the patience or natural ability. I shall remain a ham-fisted snark producer of crude photoshops ...
Great work, sir.

Stogie Chomper said...

Practice is very important. Lately I have been studying different Photoshop tutorials that I find on the Internet, and I am learning a lot.

rmnixondeceased said...

Your improvement and increasing mastery is evident. Happy New Year Stogie!