Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The Last Day of 2013 - Happy New Year, Y'All


Last night, wifey, some friends and I, celebrated New Year's Eve, Eve.  They have a big dance at the Cocoanut Grove in Santa Cruz, California on December 30, with a nice band.  We went.

The advantage of a New Year's Eve, Eve party is that you avoid the crowds and the drunks of December 31.  It's also far less crowded in the restaurants, and you can easily find a parking place.

Santa Cruz was quiet and seemingly deserted last night when we drove into town, and that was actually rather nice.  We had dinner with our friends, then walked back to the Cocoanut Grove where we danced to the Joe Sharino band, who play classical rock music.  They're very good.  The Grove was crowded with people, as the event is well attended.

So tonight, the REAL New Year's Eve, I'll be staying home and watching all the hoopla on television.  When the ball drops, I will also drop, into bed.

Happy New Year, all.


6 comments:

Adrienne said...

Happy New Year, Stogie. Santa Cruz is such a pretty place. I visited often when seeing to my aunt who lived in Watsonville. I attended a Tower of Power concert in Santa Cruz on one trip. OUTSTANDING!!! My uncle designed the plantings on the Santa Cruz mall.

Stogie Chomper said...

Wow, small world! Happy New Year Adrienne!

Always On Watch said...

As has been the case for a few years now, I didn't stay up long enough to see in the new year. Oh, well. The new year was waiting for me when I did get up around 4:00 A.M.

So....Happy New Year!

Randy G said...

I hope 2014 is a great year for you Stogie! Happy New Year!

Stogie Chomper said...

I stayed up but was pretty sleepy when I finally got to bed. I thought seriously about taking your approach, however!

Stogie Chomper said...

Same to you Randy! Best wishes to you and your family.