Friday, April 29, 2011

Thoughts on Gays

Yesterday I received a note from my younger brother about my post on Jim Carrey's Gay Gross-Out.  He was disappointed to learn that I am accepting of gays, whom the bible says are an abomination unto the Lord.

I replied that I believe gays are born that way, that it is something genetic and that they can't help it.  He disagreed, saying that many gays have been rendered straight through the power of the gospel.

I also pointed out that if being cruel and hateful to gays will make them straight, then let's go for it.  However, being cruel and hateful to gays only makes a lot of them commit suicide.  It doesn't make them straight.

So what then are we to do with gays?  Simple:  leave them alone.  If you have a gay member of your family, do not ostracize them, but treat them like anyone else.  If God has a problem with his own creation, then let God figure it out.  You don't have to.

2 comments:

Always On Watch said...

Honestly, I wish that gays would not engage in public displays of affection.

Stogie said...

AOW, I would add that I wish they wouldn't put such stuff in movies and films either. We are seeing more of it these days, on TV shows and in movies.