Saturday, April 16, 2011

Two More Days of Tax Season; a Loss in the Family

Inky:  Farewell to a Friend
This has been a busy week for me, being the last week of the tax season.

To make matters worse, I had to put my 17 year old cat, Inky, to sleep on April 14th.  He had some sort of internal failure and was immobile and in pain.  The vet said there was little chance he could recover and advised putting him down, which I did.  I can't complain -- he had a long and happy life and we enjoyed each other's company down life's road.  Nevertheless, I do feel his absence.

Tax filing day has been extended this year to Monday, April 18th.  So you have until Monday to either file your federal tax return or get an extension.  Rules for states may vary.

10 comments:

AmPowerBlog said...

Sorry to hear about your cat, Stogie. But tax business sounds good for you, so that's good.

Always On Watch said...

So sorry to learn that you've lost Inky.

As a cat lover, I hate when that inevitable day comes. Right now, the vet is treating one of my cats, Dusti (age 14), for a stubborn UTI. If we can't get this infection under control, I'll lose Dusti. **sigh**

Bartender Cabbie said...

An animal is an important part of the family. I am sorry to hear about your cat.
bc

Adobe Walls said...

Condolences on the loss of your friend.

kate said...

Bonsoir Stogie ,je suis si désolée pour votre petit compagnon Inky...

Adrienne said...

Stogie - so sorry about Inky. It's always hard to lose one of our "fur people."

The Vegas Art Guy said...

Sorry to hear about your cat. Hope you have a blessed Easter.

Stogie said...

Thanks folks. I do miss Inky but I am grateful to have had his company for so long.

1389 said...

Sorry to hear about your loss of Inky.

Am I correct in guessing that he was a black cat? I have a black cat myself (15 yrs. old) and he's a real sweetheart. He's still relatively healthy but I can see that he's slowing down some. I sure wish cats had longer lives...

Left Coast Rebel said...

Sorry for your loss, Stogie. Cats are wonderful creatures and deeply missed when they are gone from the families that they become part of.