Saturday, December 01, 2012

Last of the Pick: Fuyu Persimmons From Our Tree

Wifey picked the last remaining fruit from our fuyu persimmon tree today.  Since these fruits were last on the tree, they were especially large with deep color.  Fuyu persimmons are crunchy and you can eat them like an apple.  We had a bumper crop this year and gave large quantities of them to friends and family.

Here's a photo of one picked today, alongside my mouse to give it perspective.  Click on picture to see actual size.


2 comments:

Always On Watch said...

I love persimmons!

As a kid, I enjoyed the persimmons that I got from my neighbors' woods. These were not Fuji persimmons; they had to fall to the ground before they were fit to eat. Every year, it was a race with the possums to get some of those persimmons.

Anonymous said...

Hi my friend! I want to say that this post
is awesome, nice written and include approximately all important
infos. I'd like to see more posts like this .
my page > weight loss forum