Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Dutch Supreme Court Decision Bodes Well For Geert Wilders

Dutch Freedom Blog has just translated a court decision in the Hague that is relevant to the Geert Wilders case. The Court has cleared a man who publically criticized Islam. Dutch Freedom writes:

In November 2004 [the defendant] had placed a poster before his window with the text: “Stop the Tumour that is Islam”. [I don`t think Wilders ever went that far]. Earlier the same man had been convicted by the District Court and the Court of Appeals in Den Bosch. According to the highest court in the land, there is not sufficient ground for a conviction if someone solely engages in defamation of a religion as such. Whether or not the adherents of a religion feel insulted is irrelevant.
Read the whole thing here.

The key point here is that Wilders didn't defame any religion, he merely told the truth, showing videos of the carnage wrought by Islamic extremists and linking them to key passages in the Qur'an which commands such atrocities.

This does not settle the Geert Wilders case, but it bodes well for him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Salutations à tous,

Pour commencer , donnez-moi la possibilité de vous démontrer mon appréciation pour chacune des formidables infos que j'ai rencontrées sur cet impressionnant forum.

Je ne suis pas sure d'être au meilleur section mais je n'en ai pas trouvé de meilleure .

J'habite à Ross , us . J'ai 33 années et j'élève 5 très gentils enfants qui sont tous âgés entre 2 ou 15 années (1 est adopté). J'adore beaucoup les animaux de compagnie et j'essaie de leur donner les articles qui leur rendent l'existance plus confortable.

Je vous remercie à l'avance pour toutes les formidables débats dans le futur et je vous remercie surtout de votre compréhension pour mon français moins que parfait: ma langue de naissance est l'arabe et j'essaie de m'enseigner mais c'est très ardu !

A la prochaine

Arthru

Stogie said...

Anonymous said:

Greetings to all:

For starters, let me express my appreciation for each excellent tidbit of information that I have found in this impressive forum.

I'm not sure I am in the best section but I haven't found any better.

I live in Ross, US. I am 33 years old and am raising five great kids who are between 2 and 15 years of age (one is adopted). I especially love pets and I try to give them the care that makes their existence more comfortable.

I thank you in advance for all of the intense debates in the future and I thank you especially for your understanding regarding my imperfect French; my native language is Arabic and I am trying to teach myself but it is very difficult!

Until next time,

Arthru