Monday, May 23, 2011

"Stray Cat Strut" With String Bass! (Stogie Band)

I really like the music of the British American rock group "Stray Cats."  They tried to capture the spirit of 1950's rock and roll and did a great job of it.  Their band used an upright string bass, like the great old rock groups of old, and the string bass has acoustic qualities that the electric bass has never been able to equal.  Here's my group where I try out my string bass on "Stray Cat Strut."  We were pleased with the result.

The video was captured using a Canon hand held camcorder, so the acoustics are not perfect by any means.  Our keyboard player Kenny sings and does a surprisingly good job, I think.  Are we feminists or not?  Our lead guitar player is a woman, Lorraine, and she is "better than sex" on guitar.  Great riffs!

9 comments:

Stogie Jr said...

Stray Cats are American Pop!

Brian Setzer is from New York and now lives in Palm Springs. They are/were very Popular in Britain though!

Stogie said...

Really? I would have thought for sure they were Brits! Thanks for the correction.

Teresa said...

Awesome music!

Stogie said...

Thanks Teresa! It sure is fun to play.

bro said...

one day I will come jam with you

Stogie said...

Bro, that would be great. I still want to come and see you soon.

bro said...

come this weekend. I even have a bass guitar here. I got it at a garge sale. Some of my kids are coming too. Our river next to the house is FULL. It is really nice here.

kate said...

Bonjour Stogie , géniale votre vidéo ! ça swing fort !!!

Stogie said...

Kate likes the video and thinks it really swings!

Thanks Kate! Good to hear from you.