Tuesday, November 22, 2011

48 Years and Counting

Today forty-eight years have passed since Lee Harvey Oswald murdered President Kennedy in Dallas.  Funny how time flies.

Of course, a massive conspiracy killed Kennedy.  Just ask any campus radical or your local paranoid.  They know.  A conspiracy of the federal government, the CIA, the Mafia, the Dallas Police and some guy watching the parade from under an umbrella.

This massive conspiracy just goes to show how amazingly competent the government is.  Not only can it bring hundreds (if not thousands) of public officials together to commit treason and murder, it can foresee every contingency and hide all of the facts, perpetrators and accomplices for 48 years.  Yep, the federal government is that good. How else could they fake the moon landings, assassinate Robert Kennedy and Martin Luther King, then carry out the false flag operation in New York on 9/11/2001?  Even now, the government is watching us through our computers, pulling strings, manipulating every factoid and daily occurrence from the fender bender on the corner to the latest war in the Middle East.  These guys would make the super-government in "1984" look like rank amateurs.  Now you know why the post office is so coldly efficient.

Of course I am being sarcastic.  I have always believed that Lee Harvey Oswald killed Kennedy, and that he acted alone.  The Warren Commission had it right all along.  And I will keep saying that as long as my checks from the CIA keep coming...or until I suddenly disappear one day after the black helicopters come for me....

8 comments:

Always On Watch said...

Right now, I'm particularly interested in the Kennedy assassination. I'm reading Stephen King's new novel, 11/22/63. It's a time-travel plot.

Stogie said...

AOW, it would be interesting to see what King comes up with. I love his writing but he is a decided leftist, and I suspect he will hatch some new conspiracy theory or give a salute to some of the oldest of them.

Shannon said...

No matter who killed him, he should have been MUCH better protected by the Secret Service. They failed.

Stogie said...

Shannon, it wasn't the Secret Service who failed, it was Kennedy himself. It was he who refused additional protection, as he wanted to be seen by the people. He ordered the Secret Service away, just as he had done in several other motorcades in different locations.

Always On Watch said...

Stogie,
Yeah, King is a leftist. No doubt about it.

But the man CAN write. In fact, his book On Writing should be used as the guide for any who write, particularly for writing fiction although not exclusively so.

King doesn't go the conspiracy theory route. Instead, he's tackling a new genre -- historical fiction.

Two reviews:

ONE

Two

I haven't gotten too far in the novel. For whatever reason, I've been sleeping a lot during my Thanksgiving break.

Anyway, what I have read so far is very evocative of that time period. In other words, nostalgic touches of detail. Worth the read, IMO.

Stogie said...

AOW, I too am a King fan and have read a lot of his books. I also read "On Writing." I may have to get a copy of his latest.

Shannon said...

WOW! One of my required course textbooks for my writing class is King's On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft. It's excellent. He gives his C.V. and then goes into his secrets on becoming a writer. I love his voice and style. He's conversational, succinct, and very funny. I highly recommend it.

Oh, and yes, I knew Kennedy called them back, which was mistake #1. But, they backed away from him. The Secret Service relaxed their protection of him. They should have remained in their natural state of readiness and alert, no matter who told them to move away from him. It's very sad, it shouldn't have happened, and I want to know why it took me years to realize that. It should have been covered in U.S. History in high school. When you reason through the evidence, you conclude that he just wasn't afforded the protection every president needs. It's common sense--so I don't understand why they allowed him to tell them how to do their jobs. His protection service knew best how to prevent his death. This is where you see that if you're called in to do a job, you do the job, and if someone tells you to divert from that job, you resist. If that fails, you quit. I couldn't have that hanging over my head.

Hey--Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! I'm reading that article you recommended: The Real Meaning of Thanksgiving: The Triumph of Capitalism over Collectivism. Keep up the good work! :)

Stogie said...

Shannon, you may be right about the Secret Service overruling the president for his own good. I am not sure how that would work within the protocols of the presidency, especially in 1963. Other presidents have had close calls (Ford with Squeaky Fromm and Reagan with John Hinckley Jr), so there is only so much the Secret Service can do. Somewhere, sometime an assassin will have a clear shot.

JFK's murder was a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time: in a motorcade, announced in advance in the newspapers, going directly under the window where a communist assassin had a clear shot. Had the route not been announced, Oswald would not have known to secret his rifle into the Book Depository (wrapped in paper that he described as "curtain rods").

Therefore, I don't think you can blame the assassination on the Secret Service.