Tuesday, November 01, 2011

My Busiest Halloween Ever: the Kids Just Kept Coming

I have lived (with my wife) in this house in Hollister, California for over ten years now.  On Halloween, it's my job to answer the doorbell and hand out the candy to the trick-or-treaters.  Last night was my busiest night yet.  The two large bags of candy were almost entirely gone by 9 PM, when we shut off the lights and went to bed.

I love seeing the precious children in their costumes, and I love them one and all!!

Some guy in Chicago has written that Halloweens there are in decline, that he still buys the candy but has a surplus left over when the night is done.  I guess somehow, he sees this as a sign of civilizational decline.   Well, not here in this little cow town where everyone knows everyone else and there is a lot more trust.

The kids just kept on coming and I loved it!

No comments: