The liberal group Media Matters has quietly transformed itself in preparation for what its founder, David Brock, described in an interview as an all-out campaign of “guerrilla warfare and sabotage” aimed at the Fox News Channel.According to Politico, Media Matters plans to undermine Fox News with the following tactics:
1. Distribution of "embarrassing" clips and rebuttals of Fox News items.
2. Ridicule of Fox guests and commentators to destroy their credibility with the public.
3. Campaigns to persuade Fox advertisers to quit Fox News.
4. Providing a legal team and funding to persuade liberals rebutted by Fox to file defamation lawsuits.
5. Assembling a team in the U.K. to attack Fox's interests there.
In short, the "Progressives" have all but admitted that they cannot fight Fox in ethical ways, or by refuting the tsunami of news and facts that it provides. Media Matters must instead resort to a form of censorship: by defunding Fox by chasing away its advertising revenues (good luck with that) and by forcing it to spend millions to defend against frivolous lawsuits. If the tactics prove effective, Fox would then be forced to dilute their news and opinion so it is less lethal to progressive fantasies.
In a fair fight, the political left cannot win. We know that and it is obvious that they know it too. Given the moral and intellectual bankruptcy of the left, dirty tricks is all they have to fight with.
See Politico's article here.