Friday, October 21, 2011

Militant Gay Scolds Stogie for Lack of Enthusiasm for Lifestyle

Whenever you discuss homosexuality and its effects on society, you will draw intense hatred from (1) those who hate gays and want everyone else to hate them too, and (2) militant gays who demand complete acceptance and celebration of their lifestyle.  I am somewhere in the middle, drawing ire from both of these extremes.  While recognizing that many worthwhile human beings are gay and should not be persecuted for it, I also recognize that gayness is not a desirable condition, and that most heterosexuals find overtly gay behavior disgusting and unnatural.  Therefore, films like "Brokeback Mountain" will be not be seen by a majority of the movie-going public...me included.

A few months ago I dissected Jim Carrey's homosexual film, "I Love You Philip Morris."  As a straight man, I found the film disgusting and said so.  Even more disgusting was that the film was packaged and marketed as a comedy, which it clearly was not.

Today I have an "anonymous" (aren't they always) gay reader take me to task for my attitude.  His comment and my reply can be read at this link.

4 comments:

Ema Nymton said...

.

"While recognizing that many worthwhile human beings are gay and should not be persecuted for it, I also recognize that gayness is not a desirable condition, and that most heterosexuals find overtly gay behavior disgusting and unnatural."

Ah the Pizza Man Herb Cain idea of "I don't have the facts to back this up, but you believe ignorance is worth fighting for.

... gayness is not a desirable condition, and that most heterosexuals find overtly gay behavior disgusting and unnatural.

How's that cigar working out for you? Do you like to get it all wet and juicy as you suck on it?

(And I don't have the facts to back this up, but my asking you questions does not mean I hate you.)

Ema Nymton
~@:o?
.

Stogie said...

Ema, your nasty little rant is particularly spiteful today. Why? Are you gay?

I quoted a fact: that gayness is not a desirable condition, and that the great majority of the public finds overtly gay behavior disgusting. Either my statement is true or it isn't, and my cigar has nothing to do with it. You haven't refuted the statement with any facts, so I assume your ire is drawn (once again) from your frustration that reality refuses to conform itself to your wishes and desires.

It isn't "ignorance" that leads me to say that gayness is not a desirable condition...no children or grandchildren, for one thing; the spread of disease is another. If everyone were gay, the human race would disappear.

If you wish to eat dog shit sandwiches, Ema, I recognize your right to do so, but you must recognize my right to be disgusted if you eat them in public.

As for my cigars, I never smoke them anywhere they might offend anyone. They are not a sexual thing, either. As Freud pointed out, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

bro said...

Of course she's a pervert

Stogie said...

Bro, she's a blockhead in any case.