Friday, September 01, 2006

Labor Day Weekend

Yeeha! We have a three day weekend staring us in the face, and I just bought a 60 inch Sony High Definition television. It's all set up and working perfectly. Mrs. Chomper and I have been wanting one for some time. Last weekend a great sales woman talked us into it, not that we needed much persuading. The images are so large and so sharp that you can see acne scars in the actors' faces. Well, I guess every great thing does have some drawbacks. Imagine seeing Hillary up close, large and snarling. It could be fatal if anyone with a heart problem is watching.

I really don't watch a lot of television, but with this baby I will watch more. Fortunately a lot of HDTV channels are now available to us and a lot of movies are now being broadcast in high definition. Last night "Empire of the Sun" was on and I stayed up and watched most of it. The scenes with the American P-51's strafing and bombing the Japanese military installation was realistic and exciting. We also have surround sound, a great sound system built into our walls that came with the house.

Ahh, I can hardly wait!

No comments: