Wednesday, September 11, 2013

September 11: A Date That Will Live In Infamy

Today is the 12th anniversary of the Muslim attack on America.

Florida Pastor Terry Jones has been saying for months that his congregation will burn 2,996 korans today, one for each person who died on September 11, 2001.  The last time he planned to do this, he received widespread media attention, intense public hostility, and outrage from those who think mass murderers should not have their ideology insulted.

This time, the media has largely ignored him.  It's not news unless they report it, and the leftist media is a chief gateway for information.  If no one knows, Jones's planned event will be next to useless.

For me, I say, burn the korans and let the ashes fly.

Not that it matters much.  America has suffered perhaps a mortal wound, but it wasn't delivered by the hateful ideology called Islam.  It was self-inflicted by Americans themselves, in voting twice to elect an incompetent, narcissistic, kooky-leftwing president, whose policies have done more to dismantle America than Al Qaeda ever did or could.

For me, the day will be spent in quiet reflection on the lives that were lost a dozen years ago. today.

UPDATE:  Florida police arrested Pastor Terry Jones, thus preventing his freedom of speech and the burning of 2,996 korans.  Read about it here.

3 comments:

Stogie said...

I pulled out all the stops yesterday in the 9/11 lesson plan, presented yesterday because Tuesdays I have a class in American Government.


Designating today as a day of service [spit] infuriates me -- and I said so in strong words in my class.

Stogie said...

AOW, it seems the left thinks by officially redefining an event like 911, they can make the evil behind it disappear. It isn't evil if we don't THINK it's evil.

Stogie said...

As long as I am teaching, I will not succumb to moral relativity and to political correctness. To hell with money lost!