Friday, February 12, 2016

Tax Season Has Begun -- the Good and the Bad

This tax season I am working for another CPA firm, doing taxes.  I have to arise at 5 AM to leave the house by 6 AM so I can be at the office by 8 AM.  Not fun, but not so bad either.  When I'm not working I get drowsy by 2 PM and take a nap, wasting much of the day.  When working, I don't get drowsy.  Give your brain something to do and it doesn't shut down so often.

My new music session with the Big Band jazz and swing group has started as well.  We are studying these songs:

  1. Duet (Count Basie)
  2. Fly Me to the Moon
  3. Bein' Green
  4. Blue Skies
  5. Almost Like Being in Love
  6. Bye Bye Blackbird
  7. All the Things You Are
  8. They Can't Take That Away From Me
  9. Four (Miles Davis)

I love all of these songs, even though I had never heard of Duet or Four before.  They are jazzy and peppy.

Here's "Four" by Miles Davis.


No comments: