Friday, September 21, 2018

Back Atcha

Since my last post I got busy with personal business:  I went to Spokane Valley with my wife to take care of some business for our oldest son, who had a stroke some months ago.  He is recovering but it will be a long haul for him.

One day after my post about the killer of Mollie Tibbetts, her body was found in a cornfield and a suspect arrested.  My deductions were pretty accurate.  I wrote:
These are some possibilities:
  • Rape:  Evil people like Ted Bundy do exist and need no provocation.  They see what they want and just take it.  It might have been a crime of opportunity.
  • Rage:  If her abductor made sexual advances and was rebuffed, he may have struck or choked Mollie to shut up her screaming or because he felt humiliated and wanted revenge.  Or both.
Personally, I think Mollie is dead, a victim of rape and murder.  I would guess it is the first crime of the perpetrator, someone who is a bit off, mentally.  He would be young, 22 - 25, someone with low impulse control.   
I was right about rage being a key motivation, and that the killer was  22 - 25, and that it was his first crime.  I am not psychic by any means, and these deductions were simply logical.  Elementary, my dear Watson.

No comments: