Saturday, February 20, 2021

Rush Limbaugh Dies; Life Goes On; Preparing for Death

Sad event this past Wednesday, February 17:  the great Rush Limbaugh died of lung cancer.  I will miss his voice on the radio.

Perseverance, out latest Mars probe, landed safely on the red planet.  That was a relief since there is always the danger a probe will crash. 

I have been doing back to back tax returns for the past couple of weeks, too tired t post anything here.

When the tax season is over, I plan to start planning for my own death, by going through all my belongings and figuring what to bequeath, give away or throw away.  I am not in imminent danger of dying but at age 76 there is always that possibility.  I have kept diaries and journals since I was eleven years old and I would like to transcribe the best of the manually written ones into Word files to distribute to my kids and grandkids.  Most of the journals are already in Word format, but I want to go through them and delete or edit any comments that might hurt anyone close to me.

I really don't want to do taxes after this season.  I need to find a way to end it without totally pissing off my wife, who thinks we can keep doing taxes until we are a hundred years old.  It's time to downgrade our living style, sell this house in this ruinously expensive state and move somewhere  sane.

Next year I will be 77.  My dad died at 77, my older brother at 76, my younger brother at 72.   My mom died at 85 and I think I take after her.  If so, I will have to endure this existence longer than I would like.

No comments: