Sunday, February 25, 2007

The Academy Awards: The Enemy In Black Tie

I've always loved movies, but they aren't what they used to be. Today Hollywood is patently leftist and largely anti-American. When I watched the Academy Awards tonight I felt I was looking in on a meeting of the enemy. Film is used so much for propaganda purposes now and it takes a lot of mental effort to screen out the leftist messages and premises buried in the scripts. It is often not worth the effort to watch.

Biased movies with liberal themes are not the main problem. Movies today are largely just plain terrible in quality. My wife and I drop by the local Blockbusters once a week or so to see if there are any movies worth watching. Frequently, there aren't any. Hollywood has become a cultural wasteland, as barren of meaning, inspiration and entertainment as Death Valley. After wandering through the aisles filled with sex movies, vampires, murderers, hate-America films and other trash, we leave emptyhanded and feeling disgusted. I did have one moment of pleasure, however, when I noticed that Al Bore's movie "An Inconvenient Truth" had a shelf full of unrented DVD's. No one is rushing out to rent that pap.

Al Bore got an Oscar for his mythical propaganda film about global warming. The award was strictly political, as the film is scientifically inaccurate and highly boring. The woman who scored the film also won an Oscar and thanked her "wife and their four kids" for supporting her in the effort. Next year I expect a PETA member to win an Oscar and then thank his wife Bossy and their four calves.

Hollywood continues to annoy and irritate me. Every vacuous starlet and wannabe feels the need to mouth off about George Bush or Americans or the United States, saying something that is insulting or ridiculous. Now when I see Gwyneth Paltrow I remember her juvenile diatribe about how Americans are shallow and greedy, and that's why she now lives in England. I will never watch one of her films again. It's not that I demand a political litmus test in those I allow to entertain me. It's because I do not patronize those entertainers who feel it necessary to insult me and Americans in general.

The latest airhead to make this mistake is America Ferrera, star of the TV comedy "Ugly Betty." Yesterday she made some lame comment that America will not be free again until we get rid of George Bush. "Ugly Betty" was my favorite television show but now I feel irritation at the thought of watching it. Maybe I won't bother. It's not that I think George Bush is the second coming. In truth, he is a mediocre president and a weak leader. I too will be glad when he leaves office. But to make an asinine statement that America isn't "free" because Bush is in power tells me that Ms. Ferrera is just another liberal airhead, a typical pull-string vocal puppet of the faddish Hollywood left.

And we have enough of those already.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

diazepam 10 mg how to buy diazepam online usa - best place buy diazepam usa

Anonymous said...

buy valium effects of valium for anxiety - valium online topix

Anonymous said...

buy zolpidem what is ic zolpidem tartrate - zolpidem 5mg vs 10mg

Anonymous said...

lorazepam no prescription want to buy ativan - is 6 mg of ativan too much

Anonymous said...

xanax no prescription drug interactions xanax ultram - generic xanax mylan a4

Anonymous said...

alprazolam buy xanax and generic xanax - xanax effects drug test

Anonymous said...

ativan online overdose with ativan - ativan side effects humans

Anonymous said...

lorazepam drug ativan 1 mg overdose - ativan addiction recovery

Anonymous said...

discount xanax xanax generic . 5 mg - pills related to xanax

Anonymous said...

buy ativan ativan and drinking alcohol - ativan recreational dose bluelight

Anonymous said...

buy soma online carisoprodol vicodin - buy soma online next day delivery

Anonymous said...

buy valium cheap valium for sale ireland - very cheap valium

Anonymous said...

buy valium online no prescription valium effects body - effects of valium on the brain

Anonymous said...

cheap ambien online buy generic ambien no prescription - ambience mall gurgaon videos