Sunday, February 24, 2008

Pro-American French Blogs

I like to read the French blog "No Pasaran," which is linked to the right if you want to check it out. No Pasaran is in English and French, though lately it is using more English than French. Maybe it has good reason, as conservatives from all over the world log in and comment on articles. But for a guy like me who wants to learn French, I prefer more French and less English.

I found another French Right blog, though it has an English title: Five Years Later. Their posts are all in French. As you can see, they have some lovely pictures too! :) The writing is scholarly and intellectual, far above the French I am used to reading in my student texts. I have to refer to the French-English dictionary a lot, but I am learning a lot of new French words, verbs and phrases. I am also making friends with the writers, Major Tom and a guy who calls himself "Oceans 11."

Reading visitors' posts is also a learning experience -- it's great to see how French people actually speak or write. Check them out when you have a chance and leave a howdy message to Major Tom. He also speaks English quite well.

No comments: