Thursday, April 10, 2008

Downloading and Converting "Fitna" and Other Films

Last night I was in a hurry to download a copy of the new Fitna and get it into a format with a manageable size for download. I went to Google videos and found the new English version. Unfortunately, they removed the URL needed to download it. However, they still allowed a download of a high quality film in MP4 format (for use on IPods), but which also plays on Quicktime. I downloaded it and it plays very well on Quicktime, which you can download for free.

To download the video for Ipod and Quicktime, go to this link and click the download button to the right of the screen.

However, I wanted a copy in wmv format to download from Saber Point, I bit the bullet and bought some software that allows me to export the file into various formats. I bought a copy of AVS4You software to convert it to wmv format, which will play on just about any version of Windows. At $56 it isn't cheap but it does work very well. I'm glad I bought it.

I exported it into one of the lowest quality formats in WMV (to keep the file size smaller for faster downloading), but it still looks great. I now have it available for download. If you use download manager (from download.com) you can download it in less than a minute.

To download the new English or Dutch versions of Fitna, see the post preceding this one directly below.

No comments: