Sunday, November 16, 2008

Blogging Slows as the World Waits for Obama

All of my favorite blogs are slow to report anything this week. There's nothing much going on worth blogging about (which explains my last post). People are taking the opportunity to wash their pajamas and go outside and see the strange bright ball in the sky -- what is that thing? Why does it hurt to look at it straight-on?

Yes, there is a serious world shortage of good blogger material today. However, Real Clear Politics has a fascinating article on how the Global Warming scientists have branded October 2008 as "the hottest October on record." This, in spite of the fact that it was one of the coldest, with snow flurries in London, rapidly growing sea ice and snowstorms worldwide. It appears the GW brainiacs published false data and drew bogus conclusions. They used a number of temperature readings from September in their calculations, instead of using October temperatures. Can you spell "Bovine Excrement"? The article is called "The World Has Never Seen Such Freezing Heat," by Christopher Booker in the U.K. Telegraph.

Now we have something new to blog about. Were the misreported temperatures the result of incompetence, fraud or another world-wide conspiracy? I'm betting it was the latter. Karl Rove will stop at nothing, I tell you, in his efforts to make a laughing stock of the liberal scientific community. Oh yeah, you'll laugh my friends, when the continents become totally submerged and we are floating around on what is left of the Exxon Valdez.

Okay, I milked it as best I could, but there's just not that much blogger-stuff around right now and we are all doing the best we can with what we have. Be patient. Obama takes office in another nine weeks. He will, I suspect, supply us with lots of new material.

For now, I am going to sit here in my back yard in the cool of evening, basking in the glow of anthropomorphic global warming, smoking a cigar and watching another "Alfred Hitchcock Hour" episode from Hulu television. (I can watch it on my laptop out here in the gazebo. My neighbors don't know I'm not blogging and I am not going to tell them.)

No comments: