Thursday, December 02, 2021

Another Day, Another Post

After neglecting this blog for nine months, I am posting regularly again.  The reason is that I use my iPad far more than my laptop, and I finally have an app that allows me to post from my iPad.

I got my iPhone 13 today.  It’s my first new phone since my iPhone 7, which I am retiring.  New toys always cheer me up, and I need cheering up, absent my beloved dog, Bogie.  I hate the futility of grief.  It’s the mind struggling to solve an insolvable problem, the irreversible absence of a loved one.

For the past few months I realized that Bogie’s departure was near.  He was 14.  So at night, preparing for sleep, Bogie would curl up at the foot of my bed. I would pet him and tell him:  “I love you, you don’t know how much I love you.  When you die, take me with you.  We’ll go to Heaven together.”

Unfortunately, Bogie couldn’t wait for me to join him in his final journey.  I hope to catch up with him later on.




No comments: