Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Who Reads the Most Books, Conservatives or Liberals?

Some liberal airhead in the media recently opined that liberals read more books than conservatives. Of course, she forgot to mention that, once the liberals are done reading their books, they then color them. How sweet.

The liberal stated that liberals read something like 9 books a year and conservatives only read 8. Out of curiosity, I viewed my purchase history at Amazon.com and listed all the books I have read in the past twelve months. They numbered 27. That includes some substantive books like "The Life of Mahomet" by William Muir, "The Looming Tower" by Lawrence Wright, and "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand. Some of the books I read were fiction, but most were non-fiction. I have not included books that I started to read and quit when I found them boring. I also didn't include the great Calvin and Hobbes book of cartoons, "There's Treasure Everywhere."

Not bad for a conservative. And not a coloring book in the lot.

No comments: